Delivering Valid and Reliable Assessments to Help All Students Succeed in Math
According to the report Highlights From TIMSS 2007: Mathematics and Science Achievement of U.S. Fourth- and Eighth-Grade Students in an International Context, the average U.S. fourth-grade mathematics score is lower than those in eight other countries, In addition, in eighth grade, according to the report, U.S. scores are lower than five Asian countries.
As you begin to prepare your students to compete in a global economy, information about student progress becomes increasingly important.
With Acuity, you receive predictive and/or diagnostic assessments that are easily administered during a single class period to help guide and monitor everyday classroom instruction.
Acuity helps your teachers clearly and quickly analyze areas in math where students are succeeding and/or need additional personalized instruction.
Math, Grades 3–8
Acuity delivers easy-to-use assessments aligned to your state standards in math. Reports are available to guide teaching, while instructional resources are provided to help deliver intervention and/or extra practice.
The following components are available for each grade level listed above:
- Three math Acuity Predictive Assessments
- Four math Acuity Diagnostic Assessments
- A vast item bank of more than 20,000 items including state-aligned math items for creating custom assessments
- Helpful reports at the student, class, school, district, and multi-district levels
- Instructional resources that engage students in the learning process
Items banks and item authoring tools for Grades 3–8
- Align to a given state’s standards
- Enable your teachers to develop custom assessments
- Include searchable items by subject, strand/standard, skill, etc.
- Feature selected-response and engaging, innovative items
- Item authoring tools that allow educators to import or author items to further align to school or district curricula