Improving Student Success in Reading/Language Arts with a Research-Based Assessment Solution
According to a report for the Carnegie Corporation of New York, Reading Next: A Vision for Action and Research in Middle and High School Literacy, prepared by the Alliance for Excellent Education, approximately eight million young people between Grades 4 and 12 are struggling to read at grade level. In addition, about 70 percent of older readers require some form of remediation.
Numerous reports detail the correlation between literacy and other achievement in other academic subjects.
Acuity helps your reading/language arts educators by delivering a complete, integrated assessment solution—assessments, reports, instructional resources, and customization opportunities that are aligned to your state standards.
With Acuity, you receive assessments that are easily administered during a single class period to help guide and monitor everyday classroom instruction.
Reading/language arts, Grades 3–8:
The following components are available for each grade level listed above:
- Three reading/language arts Acuity Predictive Assessments
- Four reading/language arts Acuity Diagnostic Assessments
- A vast item bank of more than 25,000 items including state-aligned reading/language arts items for creating custom assessments
- Helpful reports at the student, class, school, district, and multi-district levels
- Instructional resources aligned to state standards and student assessment results
Items covering content in Grades 3–8:
- Align to a given state’s standards
- Allow for custom exam development
- Include search tools by subject, strand/standard, skill, etc.
- Feature selected response and engaging item types
- Include item authoring tools that allow educators to import or author items to further align to school or district curricula