A Comprehensive, Award-Winning InFormative Assessment Solution
Developed by CTB/McGraw-Hill, Acuity reflects the company’s 80 years of leadership and excellence in the assessment industry. With Acuity, you receive a trusted, best-in-class InFormative Assessment solution helping you deliver informed decision making and targeted instruction that keeps all students moving toward success.
Acuity helps educators with a unique integration of classroom-friendly assessments, insightful reports, engaging instructional resources, and the tools to:
- Guide teachers with immediate, detailed insight on student strengths and areas for instructional need with Diagnostic and Predictive Assessments
- Indicate student performance on state state accountability exams using research-based measurements and robust reporting tools
- Support targeted instruction with easy-to-use reports and standards-aligned instructional resources assigned directly from student and class assessment results
- Provide a variety of administration modes
- Align to common Response to Intervention (RtI) models with progress monitoring, instructional resources, and customized assessment opportunities
Acuity Diagnostic and Predictive Assessments
Pre-built, classroom-friendly Acuity Diagnostic and Predictive Assessments allow teachers to quickly diagnose student achievement and predict student outcomes while creating targeted instructional opportunities at the student and classroom levels. Acuity Predictive and Diagnostic Assessments are available for Grades 3–8 in reading/language arts, math, and science and are available for Grades 6–12 for Algebra.
Easy-to-use, actionable reports
Acuity Reports provide immediate, detailed insight on student understanding of state standards and related curriculum, highlighting areas of greatest mastery and areas most in need of improvement. Reports forecast student achievement on state accountability exams and show how students are progressing over time.
Engaging Acuity Instructional Resources
Acuity is embedded with instructional resources that provide teachers and students with engaging personalized activities to enhance student achievement based on assessment results.
With Acuity, you can also create custom assessments for additional progress monitoring relative to district and curriculum goals. Acuity includes vast item banks of more than 25,000 valid and reliable items that accurately measure and support student progress and achievement. Item authoring tools enable your educators to easily write their own items. Additionally, districts using ExamView® can upload those items for use in Acuity.
Flexible administration options
Flexible options for administering student assessments allow schools with limited computer access to use Acuity. Administration options include paper-and-pencil, student response devices (clickers), online, or any combination of these methods.
Learn how Acuity helps:
Curriculum & Instruction Specialists
- Aligns closely with state standards
- Delivers results quickly
- Meets requirements for state and federal grants and funds
- Indicates if intervention is required early in the academic year
- Standards-aligned, pre-built assessments
- Instructional resources
- Actionable reports
- Item banks and item authoring for customized assessments