A Commitment to Quality and Excellence in Assessment
A research-based approach to assessment
CTB/McGraw-Hill is the leading publisher of assessments for children and adults. With a staff of doctoral-level researchers, scientists, mathematicians, writers, and editors, we assist thousands of school districts across the nation and score more than 18 million assessments each year.
Our dedication to quality research allows us to consistently deliver meaningful and reliable assessments.
CTB Featured Researchers
- Dr. Daniel Lewis is a Senior Research Scientist at CTB/McGraw-Hill. An educator and educational researcher since 1981, Dr. Lewis’ primary research interests include formative and benchmark assessment, growth and value-added modeling, standard setting, and educational assessment policy. Read full bio
- Dr. Keith A. Boughton is a Senior Research Scientist at CTB. Dr. Boughton's primary research interests include multi-dimensional IRT, mixture IRT models, Markov Chain Monte Carlo (MCMC) estimation, formative and benchmark assessment, growth modeling, and computer-adaptive testing. Read full bio.
- Dr. Dong-In Kim is a Research Scientist for CTB/McGraw-Hill. He currently works for CTB to apply advanced mathematical models and modern statistical theory to analyze and develop valid and reliable CTB assessments, including selected-response and performance assessments. Read full bio.
- Dr. Furong Gao is a research manager for CTB/McGraw-Hill where she currently manages a group of research scientists and associates and oversees the psychometric quality of numerous assessment programs. Dr. Furong’s research specialties include writing research analysis specifications, selecting calibration and equating samples, conducting and/or reviewing Item Response Theory (IRT) item calibration, equating results, guiding research studies, and communicating with CTB clients regarding psychometric questions. Read full bio.
Acuity White Papers:
- Building the Best Student Assessment Solution:
An Integrated Approach to Student Achievement in an Era of Accountability
- Promoting Student Achievement Using Research-Based Assessment with Formative Benefits
View Acuity White Papers
CTB/McGraw-Hill Research Ensures Your Assessments Are Valid and Reliable
CTB is a distinguished leader in educational assessment and reporting. With more than 80 years of proven experience in the field, CTB provides high-quality and innovative assessment solutions that help learners of all ages meet their potential.
CTB is guided by a clear mission—to help the teacher help the child—the same today as when the company was founded in 1926. This long-standing tradition of support and dedication to quality research means educators receive assessments that quickly provide the data needed to inform teaching and improve learning at every level—from the individual student to the classroom, school, and district.
About Acuity Research Foundations