Empower Your Educators with Acuity Professional Development
Acuity Professional Development helps ensure your educators use Acuity and valid, reliable data to successfully diagnose student strengths and areas for additional instruction, monitor and analyze progress, and keep students moving forward with engaging and targeted instruction.
Acuity Professional Development supports you by:
- Delivering high-quality courses presented by skilled trainers with thorough Acuity knowledge
- Providing a flexible menu of online, on-site, or on-demand course options
- Engaging educators with hands-on activities related to data-driven instruction and Acuity concepts
- Including a wide range of topics for pre- and post-assessment
- Meeting your teaching and learning objectives with customized Acuity training options
Complete menu of professional development options
CTB will help you build an Acuity Professional Development plan that trains your educators to use information effectively to raise student achievement.
Professional development from CTB supports your educators with a complete portfolio of professional development options for a variety of audiences:
- Acuity PhD™ On-Demand Professional Development easily accessible via the Acuity solution
- Required introductory training designed to acquaint users with basic Acuity functions
- Additional on-site training and professional development designed to engage participants and encourage data-driven instruction
- Live web-based training—or webinars—designed to provide convenient access to a variety of topic-specific courses
- Customized training workshops that meet your individual school or district needs
Certification training related to Acuity is also available to support district professional development and training staff.
Acuity PhD On-Demand Professional Development
Acuity PhD is a collection of high-quality, online professional development courses for teachers, assessment coordinators, and school and district administrators.
CTB brings you a comprehensive library of engaging professional development courses that will capture your interest and extend your knowledge of using student performance data and Acuity to improve student achievement. Acuity PhD includes best practices from districts currently using Acuity and seeing demonstrated success in student results.
Each Acuity role can access one- to two-hour courses that will provide in-depth coverage of the skills and techniques required for improving student achievement.
Acuity PhD makes real turnaround in your school or district easier with 24/7 access to courses. Easy-to-use tracking and reporting is embedded throughout the system to give you completion status and performance on assessment questions for each course.
Acuity PhD helps you deliver on the promise of student achievement with:
- High-quality professional development that helps busy educators use data to improve achievement
- Detailed tracking and performance reporting tools that support self-assessment and the requirements of Title I, Title II-D, and stimulus funding
- Completely Web-based access anytime/anywhere
Download Acuity PhD brochure (PDF, 60 KB)
On-site training delivered in your school or district
Introductory, advanced, and certification courses are available on site and led by experienced Acuity trainers. Hands-on training delivered in your school or district acquaints your educators with powerful Acuity tools.
- Required Introduction to Acuity for District Representatives or Classroom Teachers
- Acuity Data Analysis: Understanding Reports
- Advanced Acuity: Inform Curriculum in Response to Data
- Acuity Certification and Re-Certification for Trainers
- Acuity UnWired™ Workshop
Web-based training delivered at your convenience
These cost-effective live web-based group sessions, or webinars, promote consistent and knowledgeable use of Acuity. Each targeted, topic-specific course is about 60 minutes in length and includes a maximum of 15 participants per session.
- Acuity Roles and Permissions
- Preparing for an Acuity Assessment
- Scoring Acuity Constructed-Response Items
- Acuity Reports Overview
- Creating an Acuity Custom Test
- Assigning Acuity Instructional Resources
- Acuity Item Authoring
- Acuity Scan and Score Procedures
- Acuity Self-Roster
Available at any time of the year, on any topic you choose, these workshops extend the regular Acuity Professional Development training options to provide a comprehensive understanding of using Acuity and data-driven instruction to improve student achievement. Note: customized workshops require four weeks advance notification.
Acuity Professional Development ensures that you are using Acuity successfully to diagnose and assess student skills, track progress, create powerful reports, and move students forward with engaging and targeted instructional practice.
As a precursor to professional development, CTB also delivers one- to five-minute instructional videos, available 24/7 from the help menu in Acuity. These videos demonstrate how to perform functions in Acuity and new topics are continuously added for all users.
Let us help you plan your professional development
Call CTB/McGraw-Hill today at 800.538.9547, Option #3, to register for Acuity Professional Development training designed to help you improve student achievement for your school or district.
Download the Acuity Professional Development brochure (PDF, 192 KB)